The HR Generalist will be an experienced human resource professional who works with Dubaiâ€™s on-site leadership to closely support the Middle Eastern practicesâ€™ goals and culture by providing HR services including but not limited to talent acquisition, talent development, workforce planning, and other HR projects and initiatives as required.
This is a full-time position, and flexibility is required to meet the expectations of the practiceâ€™s needs. The candidate will report into the GCS (Global Corporate Services) Sr. HR Business Partner Manager â€“ Europe/EMEA/APAC with dotted line reporting into the practice leaders.
- Builds the business partner relationship with Equity Principals, Principals and teams; understands the business, goals, and challenges; and identifies and develops solutions to address issues.
- Provides advice to executives and supporting management teams in areas of organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, employee engagement, performance management, training, and development.
- In partnership with the HRIS team, create and manage onboarding process for new hires.
- Provide high quality candidates to fill open positions by implementing targeted sourcing initiatives, leveraging social networking and other recruitment tools with sense of urgency, enhancing the hiring manager and candidate experience. Perform the full lifecycle recruitment while developing and maintaining excellent relationships with hiring managers, candidates and other stakeholders.
- Partner with immigration and mobility team on employee immigration needs
- Escalates all employee-related concerns to GCS Sr. HRBP for management of performance improvement plans, reset of expectations and employee related investigations.
- In collaboration with the Sr. GCS HRBP Manager, maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Escalates all legal and compliance related issues to the Sr. GCS HRBP Manager as needed/required.
- As a steward of the company's values, advises, influences and coaches to build and support a diverse, inclusive, productive and high integrity work environment.
- Provides guidance and input on restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Collaborates with business leaders on employee development and talent planning decisions. Assists leaders with annual reviews and development plans for employees.
- Develops strategies for practices to leverage tools, such as our HCM tool, UKG, to help them grow their business.
- Updates local HR policies and employee handbooks as necessary to keep up with business and regulatory changes.
- Co-develops project processes and timelines. Works collaboratively with project managers to plan, drive, and monitor projects.
- Identifies opportunities to develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of HR experience, including recruitment
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or HRCI Certified strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and respective employment laws for the Middle Eastern Region.
- Professional and consultative approach in working with all levels of executives, leaders, management, and employees.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information as well as possessing skills to handle situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities and assignments.
- Ability to be flexible, but also to distinguish when appropriate to maintain boundaries.
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant industry experience.
Independent for over 75 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the worldâ€™s most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.